The hand held 440 scope plus features an easy to use combination of a single input 1 MHz oscilloscope with True RMS DMM.
- True RMS Auto Ranging DMM offers increased accuracy over average responding multimeters
- 1MHz Oscilloscope can be used to view power signals to determine quality as well as correct amplitude and frequency, assisting in finding and preventing problems
- Trend Mode enables surges and dropouts to be graphed
- Communication to a PC using optional RS-232 cable and software
- cULus 61010-1
The TPI 440 is a hand-held oscilloscope plus autoranging DMM. The instruments large, backlit LCD display shows a reading and waveform simultaneously. In addition to the standard functions of ACV, DCV, ACA, DCA, Ω, Diode Test and Continuity Buzzer; the 440 measures Frequency (Hz),Capacitance, Logic and Component test functions. The 440 also has RS232 output and software for interfacing with a PC is offered as an optional accessory.
The versatile handheld TPI 440 is a customer winner.
Technicians appreciate the bright backlight of the 3″ x 3″ cold cathode flourescent display and rugged construction inside and out.
6 Instruments in 1:
- Auto Ranging 4,000 Count True RMS DMM: TPI’s 440 has 9 measurement functions and 0.3% basic DC accuracy.
- 1 MHz Oscilloscope: View industrial power signals such as motor controls, UPS, switching power supplies, and PLC controls with detail and clarity.
- Trend Mode: Graph readings over a predetermined time period to check for surges or dropouts.
- Component Test: Check voltage-current signatures on resistors, capacitors, and semiconductors.
- Logic Test: Indicates transitions up to 2 MHz.
- Frequency Counter: Measure low frequency signals from 1Hz to 2 MHz and display duty cycle, pulse width and period.
- PC/Printer Compatibility to RS-232C Port Optional accessory A402 allows user to download data or waveforms to PC for archiving, processing, and report generation. Ideal for extended monitoring.
The 440 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 440 Instrument
- Standard Test Lead Set
- Rechargeable batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 440 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 0.1mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 1mV
Input Impedence: 1.11MΩ
|DC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.1μA
|AC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.1μa
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 40MΩ
Maximum Resolution: 0.1Ω
|Frequency|| Maximum Input: 2MHz
Maximum Resolution: 0.01Hz
|Capacitance|| Maximum Input: 400μF
Maximum Resolution: 100pF
|True RMS Responding||Yes|
|Time Stamp Logging||Yes|
|Process Loop Output||No|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||Yes|
|Display Type||Super-twist LCD, 160 x 240 pixels|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20° to 60°C (-4° to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity 0% to 80%||(0°-35°C/32°-95°F) 0% to 70%: (35°-55°C/95°-131°F)|
|Size||52 x 220 x 100mm|
|Weight||1 lb. 6 oz|
|Power Supply||Nicad Battery 7.2V, AA Cell x 8|
|Battery Life||5 hours|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||cULus 61010-1, IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 440 Demonstration Video
TPI Model 440 Waveforms and Power Quality
Model 440 Applications
- View industrial signals such as motor control, UPS, switching power supplies, and PLC controls with 1MHz bandwidth
- Capture noise spikes, glitches, and intermittents with 20 megasamples per second sampling rate
- Full autoranging, True RMS, DMM capabilities
- Measure resistance and test for continuity
- Continually updated display provides a live presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.