Compact DMM with adapter range for optional accessories, 0.5% DCV basic accuracy.
- 2,000 mvDC (2 DCV) adapter range
- 2,000 count display
- 0 to 600 volts AC and DC
- 0 to 2,000 ohms
- Audible continuity
- 10 MOHM internal impedance
- 0.5 % DCV basic accuracy
- cULus 61010-1
- CAT II – 1000V, CAT III – 600V
The TPI Model 122 with adapter range for optional accessories is a compact, basic DCV 0.5% accuracy DMM.
Usage Tip: When using the Model 122, press the DATA-H button at any time on any function or range to freeze the reading on the LCD display. This function is very useful when measuring in locations where the display is difficult to read.
The 122 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 122 Instrument
- Rubber Boot
- Test Lead Set
- Instruction Manual
- 9V Battery
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 122 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 600V
Maximum Resolution: 1mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 600V
Maximum Resolution: 1mV
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 2KΩ
Maximum Resolution: 0.001Ω
|Continuity||Audible at less than 100Ω|
|True RMS Responding||No|
|Time Stamp Logging||No|
|Process Loop Output||No|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||No|
|Protective Boot||Yes (standard)|
|Display Type||2000 count LCD|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)|
|Size||6” x 3.1” x 1.2” (187mm x 86mm x 33mm) with boot|
|Weight||12oz (340g) with boot|
|Battery Type||9V Alkaline (NEDA 1604)|
|Battery Life||500hrs Typical|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 122 Demonstration Video
Model 122 Applications
• Line voltage
• Control circuit voltage
• Heating element resistance (continuity)
• Compressor winding resistance
• Contactor and relay coil resistance
• Continuity of wiring
• Measure line voltage
• Continuity of circuit breakers
• Voltage of direct drive DC motors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.