Legal and Privacy Notices
Copyright © 1997-2021 Test Products International, Inc.
At Test Products International and its international subsidiaries (“TPI”), we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. In particular, it is important for you to know that TPI is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. Your information will only be used to provide you with the content, products and services that you use on our sites as outlined below.
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photography, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Test Products International, Inc. [“TPI”] and its licensors.
TPI grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory;
- and print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
TPI does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. All other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without TPI’s prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
Your privacy is important to TPI. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that TPI collects, and the ways in which TPI uses that personal information.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- TPI, or on behalf of TPI, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of TPI.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For TPI to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable TPI to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable TPI meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
Personal information collection
TPI may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website
- information about transactions carried out over this website
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services and any other information that you send to TPI.
Using personal information
TPI may use your personal information to:
- administer this website
- personalize the website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- publish information about you on the website, as and only as requested by you
- send to you products that you purchase
- supply to you services that you purchase
- send to you statements and invoices
- collect payments from you; and
- send you requested marketing communications.
Where TPI discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, TPI may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
When someone visits TPI we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our webmaster.
Securing your data
TPI will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. TPI will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. TPI is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. The links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement of any kind by TPI, and TPI makes no warranties expressed or implied about third party links, websites, or their content. TPI is committed to ensuring and protecting your privacy. You may opt of of any of our mailing or subscription lists at any time by utilizing the unsubscribe options available on any of our electronic communications, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Need additional assistance? We appreciate your interest in TPI test & measurement equipment. Please provide us with a few details below and we will be pleased to assist you directly.