CAT IV 600 ACV, data logging, 0.05% accuracy, 50,000 count, True RMS DMM with separate fuse and battery compartment.
- Data logging
- 50,000 count display
- 0.05% DCV basic accuracy
- Inductance, Frequency and Capacitance
- 0 to 750 ACV; max resolution 100uV
- 0 to 1,000 DCV: max resolution 0.001mV
- 0 to 50MΩ; max resolution 0.01Ω
- Audible continuity
- AC/DC amps up to10 amps; resolution 0.01 uA
- Analog bar graph
- cULus 61010-1
- CATIII-1000VC, CATIII-1000V, CAT IV-600V, CAT III 1000V
£195.00 RRP exc. VAT
The Triple Display 194 is an innovative new concept in DMM design. The unique display enables you to view more than one event at a time. This eliminates the hassle of switching back and forth to review minimum, maximum or preset comparative values. The meter is also easy to use and built to last.
The DMM 194 is a hand-held autoranging DMM. The backlit LCD can display three readings at one time. In addition to basic function of AC/DC V, AC/DC A, Ohm, Diode test, continuity, Capacitance, Frequency, there is the adaptor function. The meter also has RS232 output and software for recording information into a PC.
The DMM 194 also features:
- REC: Records Min/Max readings during specified measurement intervals.
- COMP: Compare actual reading to preset HI and LOW value for Pass/Fail testing of component
- HOLD: Tow hold system automatically holds the previous stable reading when a new one is obtained.
Additional Features and Benefits of the Model 194:
- 0.05% accuracy*, 50,000 count display, CAT IV 600volts, True RMS DMM.
- AC/DC volts, AC/DC amps, resistance, audible continuity, diode test, frequency, capacitance, and temperature Plus: db,inductance, conductance, duty cycle, pulse width and time stamp logging.
- 0.05% basic DCV accuracy
- 50,000 count display
- CAT IV 600 Volts
- True RMS DMM
- Time Stamp Logging
- Optional PC Output with A192
- Pulse Width
- Duty cycle (% pulse width modulation) for measuring modulating gas valves
The 194 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 194 Instrument
- Rubber Boot
- Fuse 0.5A
- Fuse 1oA
- Test Lead Set
- 9 Volt Alkaline Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 194 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V |
Maximum Resolution: 0.0001mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V |
Maximum Resolution: 100μμV
|DC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A |
Maximum Resolution: 0.01μA
|AC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A |
Maximum Resolution: 0.01μA
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 50MΩ |
Maximum Resolution: 1mΩ
|Frequency|| Maximum Input: 5MHz |
Maximum Resolution: 0.001Hz
|Capacitance|| Maximum Input: 20mF |
Maximum Resolution: 0.01nF
|Inductance|| Maximum Input: 300mH |
Maximum Resolution: 0.01mH
| Maximum Input: -54°F to 2462°F (-50°C to 1350°C) |
Maximum Resolution: 0.1°F / °C
|Continuity||Audible at less than 10Ω|
|Diode||3V at 1mA maximum output|
|Duty Cycle|| Maximum Input: 99.9% |
Maximum Resolution: 0.1%
|True RMS Responding||Yes|
|Data Hold||Yes (Two hold system)|
|Time Stamp Logging||Yes|
|RS-232 Output||Yes, Optically Isolated|
|Process Loop Output||No|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||Yes|
|Protective Boot||Yes (standard)|
|Display Type||50,000 count backlit LCD with dual sub displays and analog bargraph|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 113°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)|
|Size|| 8.3” x 3.7” x 1.9” (210mm x 95mm x 47mm) without boot|
8.7” x 4.3” x 2.6 (220mm x 110mm x 65mm) with boot
|Weight|| 1.3lbs (570g) without boot|
1.9lbs (850g) with boot
|Battery Type||9V Alkaline (NEDA 1604)|
|Battery Life||50hrs Typical|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||cULus 61010-1, IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 194 Demonstration Video
TPI Model 183A vs. Fluke 87
Model 194 Applications
- Thermocouples in furnaces or gas applications
- Heat anticipator current in thermostats
- Line voltage
- Control circuit voltage
- Flame safeguard control current
- Heating element resistance (continuity)
- Compressor winding resistance
- Contactor and relay coil resistance
- Continuity of wiring
- Motor start and run capacitance
- Frequency on controls and line voltages
- Record min/max voltage of controls and line voltages
- Temperature with optional temperature adapter (A310)
- Bar graph to indicate rapid fluctuations in measurements
- Voltage of direct drive DC motors
- Measure power supply voltage
- Match components
- Compare readings in circuits and components
- Frequency of line and control voltage
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.