0-24 mA output built in for process loop calibration, 0.05% accuracy, 50,000 counts, DMM with separate fuse and battery compartment.
- Process DMM with 0 to 24mA output
- 50,000 count display
- 0.05% DCV basic accuracy
- 0 to 750 ACV; max resolution 100uV
- 0 to 1,000 DCV; max resolution 0.001mV
- 0 to 50MΩ; max resolution 0.01Ω
- Audible continuity
- AC/DC amps up to10 amps; max resolution 0.01uA
- Analog bar graph
- cULus 61010-1
The Triple Display 196 is an innovative new concept in DMM design. The unique display enables you to view more than one event at a time. This eliminates the hassle of switching back and forth to review minimum, maximum or preset comparative values. The meter is also easy to use and built to last.
The DMM 196 is a hand-held autoranging DMM. The backlit LCD can display three readings at one time. In addition to basic function of AC/DC V, AC/DC A, Ohm, Diode test, continuity, Capacitance, Frequency, there is the adaptor function. The DMM 196 also has RS232 output and software for recording information into a PC.
The DMM 196 also features:
- REC: Records Min/Max readings during specified measurement intervals.
- COMP: Compare actual reading to preset HI and LOW value for Pass/Fail testing of component
- HOLD: Tow hold system automatically holds the previous stable reading when a new one is obtained.
Additional Features and Benefits of the Model 196:
- 50,000 counts for high-resolution high accuracy applications.
- Use the TPI 196 to install and troubleshoot process loops and controls.
- Large 50,000 count display: increases resolution and improves accuracy (1.7” x 2.75”, 43mm x 70mm)
- 0-24mA output for process controls
- Triple Display: shows more than one reading simultaneously
- 51 Segment Analog Bar Graph: to catch fast AC fluctuations
- Logic Test: Indicates transitions up to 2 MHz.
- Frequency Counter: Measure low frequency signals from 1Hz to 2 MHz and display duty cycle, pulse width and period.
- PC/Printer Compatibility to RS-232C Port Optional accessory A402 allows user to download data or waveforms to PC for archiving, processing, and report generation. Ideal for extended monitoring.
The 196 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 196 Instrument
- Rubber Boot
- Fuse 0.5A
- Fuse 1oA
- Test Lead Set
- 9 Volt Alkaline Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 196 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 0.0001mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 100μμV
|DC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.01μA
|AC Amps|| Maximum Input: 1A
Maximum Resolution: 0.0001mA
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 50MΩ
Maximum Resolution: 0.01Ω
|Frequency|| Maximum Input: 500KHz
Maximum Resolution: 0.01Hz
|Continuity||Audible at less than 30Ω|
|Diode||3V at 1mA maximum output|
|True RMS Responding||No|
|Time Stamp Logging||No|
|RS-232 Output||Yes, Optically Isolated|
|Process Loop Output||Yes (0 to 24mA)|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||Yes|
|Protective Boot||Yes (standard)|
|Display Type||50,000 count backlit LCD with dual sub displays and analog bargraph|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 113°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)|
|Size|| 8.3” x 3.7” x 1.9” (210mm x 95mm x 47mm) without boot
8.7” x 4.3” x 2.6 (220mm x 110mm x 65mm) with boot
|Weight|| 1.3lbs (570g) without boot
1.9lbs (850g) with boot
|Battery Type||9V Alkaline (NEDA 1604)|
|Battery Life||50hrs Typical|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||cULus 61010-1, IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 196 Process Control DMM Demonstration Video
TPI Model 196 Introduction
Model 196 Applications
- View industrial signals such as motor control, UPS, switching power supplies, and PLC controls with 1MHz bandwidth
- Capture noise spikes, glitches, and intermittents with 20 megasamples per second sampling rate
- Full autoranging, True RMS, DMM capabilities
- Measure resistance and test for continuity
- Continually updated display provides a live presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.