The TPI 709R Flue Gas Combustion Efficiency Analyser includes all the features you’ll need for Boiler commissioning, service and maintenance including performing Flow & Return and Tightness Tests.
Compare & Save with the Easy-To-Use, TPI 709R Flue Gas Combustion Efficiency Analyser designed to measure CO, O2, Temperature & Pressure and calculate CO2 (in a flue), CO/CO2 ratio, efficiency and excess air.
With a large, easy-to-read, backlit display, simple to navigate operating system at a Low Starting Price of JUST £360.00 with Fixed Price Annual Servicing at £85.00, it really is the most cost efficient FGA on the market.
The standard kit comes complete with the 709R in a protective rubber boot, temperature sampling probe c/w external large water trap and unique in-lid water trap (as used by British Gas), soft carry case with shoulder strap, rechargeable battery pack & charger, pressure adaptors, ambient air probe, spare particle filter and instruction manual.
- Various other kits available including IR Printer, Temperature Pipe Clamps, CPA1 Probes & Gas Leak Detector
- Print “Live” or “Stored” readings to optional A740 IR Printer
- Six Year Warranty: Long Life O2 & CO sensors meaning lower servicing costs during a 6 Year Warranty Period*. Saving TIME & MONEY in cost of ownership during annual servicing!
709R Kit With Standard Accessories:
TPI 709R Analyser
Rubber Boot (A765) 1 each installed on analyser
Soft Carrying Case (A768)
Sampling Probe (c/w Type “K” Thermocouple)
In-Line Water Trap Bowl Filter (c/w Spare Particle Filter)
Battery Charger (A766)
Mini In-Line Pump Protection Filter (c/w 5 spare filters)
Exhaust Spigot Removable (A764)
Pressure Tubing (2 x 1 metres)
GK11M Air Probe
£380.00 RRP exc. VAT
709R Kit 1: All Standard Accessories and includes:
A740 IR Printer
£485.00 RRP exc. VAT
The TPI 709R conforms to EN50379 and is suitable for engineers working with BS7967, the usage standard.
Serial Number & Next Cal Due Date are printed at the bottom of each print-out ensuring that you always know your readings have been taken with the correct in-calibration flue gas analyser giving you complete peace of mind.
HHIC: The Heating & Hotwater Industry Council made a recommendation that from April 2013 that the CO level & CO/CO2 (Ratio) reading in a flue is recorded when a boiler is commissioned and that this practise become mandatory from April 2014. Please click here for further details.
The recording of the CO level and Ratio reading will become a mandatory part of completing the Benchmark Form.
Combustion Performance Analysis (CPA1): From April 2012 it has been compulsory for all engineers to acquire CPA1 Assessment to prove their competency in using a Flue Gas Analyser. Please click here for complete details.
Model 709R Features
- Measure CO, O2 & Flue Temperature
- Calculate CO2, CO/CO2 Ratio, Efficiency & Excess Air
- Dual Input Differential Manometer – Great for performing Standing Pressure or Let By/Tightness Tests
- Dual Input Differential Thermometer – Ideal for measuring & recording Flow & Return Temperatures
- Ambient CO Analysis
- 6 Year Warranty* (* subject to annual service being carried out each year by TPI or one of its approved local service centres)
- Diagnostic software & technical helpline combine to save time and money on reduced downtime as many of the reported faults can be rectified over the phone keeping you and your instrument working
- Unique external water trap filtration system as standard on all kit options preventing loss of downtime or additional costs due to potentially damaged sensors caused by water ingress
- 10 Fuel options including Wood, Light & Heavy Oil, LPG and Natural Gas
- Will not shut off if CO ppm is above 15ppm for increased safety for both the user and the instrument
- Unique in-line pump protection filter fitted as standard across all kits preventing loss of downtime or additional costs due to a potentially damaged pump caused by dust/dirt ingress
- Protective rubber boot as standard to protect the FGA
- Re-Chargeable battery housed in a separate compartment ensuring no heat transfer when using on the mains to affect gas readings
- All kits come supplied in a soft carry case to protect not only the FGA but all of your accessories
- Capability of sending Live or Stored readings to an optional IR Printer
|Model 709R Specifications|
|Operating Temperature Range||14°F to +122°F (-10°C to +50°C)|
|Battery / Batery Life||Rechargeable Ni-MH / > 6 Hours|
|Charger Input Voltage||115V or 230V : 50/60 Hz AC|
|Fuels|| Natural Gas, LPG, Light Oil, Heavy|
Oil, Bituminous Coal,
Coal, Coke, Butane, Wood, Bagasse
|Pressure Ranges||mbar, kPa & inH2O|
|Display||Backlit Graphic LCD|
|Data Storage||50 sets of readings, multiple pages|
|Time and Date||24 Hour Real Time Clock|
|Dimensions||7.8” (200mm) x 3.5” (90mm) x 2.4” (60mm)|
|Casing||Rubber Boot as Standard|
|Flue Temperature Probe|
|Construction||Pistol Grip with Stainless Steel Shaft|
|Hose Length||8.2’ (2500mm)|
|Insertion Length||7.9” (200mm)|
|‘K’ Type Thermocouple Accuracy||+/- 0.3% of fullscale, +/- 2°F (1°C)|
|Maximum Temperature||1472°F (800°C)|
|Carbon Monoxide||0-10,000 ppm||1 ppm|| (<20ppm) +/- 3 ppm|
(>=100ppm) +/- 5%
|Carbon Dioxide (calculated||0-25%||0.1%||Calculated|
|CO/CO2 Ratio||0-0.999||0.001||+/- 0.3%|
|Selectable Ranges||mbar, kPa and inH2O|
|Range||– 150 mbar to + 150 mbar|
|Resolution||0.01 mbar & 0.1 mbar|
Analyser Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my analyser on Oil Fired Appliances?
Yes. Please ensure that the analyser is set to the correct fuel and that the additional oil filter (A773) is fitted. It is also recommended to use a smoke pump before performing any analyser test. NOTE: Do not use the A773 oil filter if an NO/NOx sensor is fitted
Can I use my analyser to perform Tightness Tests?
Yes. All TPI Flue Gas Analyser models have pressure which will allow all types of pressure testing to be performed; the 716 has in-built software which makes Tightness Testing even easier to perform.
Can I read Flow & Return Temperatures with a TPI Analyser?
Yes. All TPI Flue Gas Analyser models have Differential Temperature (Dual Inputs) which enables 2 temperatures to be taken at the same time and the difference calculated and displayed.